1. Use Worldcat to locate the item you want
If your search is successful, you will see a list of items appear that match your search criteria.You will see in the "Availability" section of the item record if the item has been checked out or not, and where it is located:
If we do not have the title you are seeking, you will get a "no results" message. This means you have to search all of the library records in WorldCat to find an institution willing to lend.
2. Use Advanced Search to search libraries worldwide and find a copy for Interlibrary Loan
- Locate the search box at the top of the screen and find the "Advanced Search" link beneath the search button
- Click on "Advanced Search"
- Re-enter the title and/or other identifying information in the search boxes
- Scroll down to "Location" and select "Libraries Worldwide" from the drop down menu
- Execute the search by clicking on the blue "Search" button
if you get no results, check to make sure your information is entered correctly and confirm that you are searching "Libraries Worldwide" in the advanced search screen. If you still can't find what you are looking for, contact a librarian for help.
Submit an Interlibrary Loan request
Identify and select the item you want to borrow. If we have the item, you will see availability information. If we do not have the item, you will see a blue "Request Item" in the availability section.
Fill out the form and submit it, answering all of the questions. Areas marked in red are required information.
PLEASE NOTE: submission of this form constitutes your agreement to abide by Title 17 of the United States Code. Materials and reproductions are only available for private study, scholarship, and research. If a user exceeds "fair use," that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution may refuse to accept a copying order if it seems to violate copyright law.